Monday, April 13, 2015

Master Class

On Friday, April 10, 2015, an author  named Boris Fishmen came to take to my creative writing class here at School of the Arts. He talked to us about what is is to be not just a writer but an artist as well. He told us that the world around us are where are stories are and that teenagers today are to busy with headphones in there ears to realize that. He told us to on the way home to take out our headphones and listen and look. And so I did and he was right. The leaves weren't just on lying dead on the ground but were now dancing around my feet and the wind didn't just blow but instead whispered in my ear like it had a secret to tell me. And the birds didn't just chirp but they sang to me a sweet melody. The things that Boris said to our class made me realize that writing doesn't happen over night. That you will get stuck and become frustrated at times but to not give up but to keep going. Thank you Mr. Fishmen, for you have really inspired me. 


1 comment: